ANNOUNCEMENT

Please click below link to visit my Main Blog on Credit Cards and Everything Else.

GenX GenY GenZ Recent Posts

Please Share My Articles :)

Click on Images below to read Recent Articles by GenX GenY GenZ

NEW - Malaysia Best Credit Cards 2015

Facts You Need to Know About Balance Transfer

GenX GenY GenZ Proudly Present Melbourne Victoria Australia

Which Is The Best Credit Card For You?

Friday, February 18, 2011

My Application For Maybankard 2 Credit Cards - Finally got it on 18 Feb 2011

When Maybank launched their Maybankard 2 Cards in mid January 2011, I did register via internet for them to call me up. Well I got a call from Maybank Bangsar 0327763900 on 7th February 2011 where they were following up on that internet registration. Took Maybank 3 weeks to call up.

After waiting for 2 days after I registered for the Maybankard 2 Cards via the internet, I applied for the Maybankard 2 Cards American Express and Visa credit cards through the phone since I have several cards with them. My last card from Maybank, a MasterCard Platinum was applied via phone, and therefore knew it would take longer to get the card in hand as compared to filling up an application form which I did for my Maybank Petronas Visa Platinum. But since I was just plain lazy to fill up an application, I called up MBB tele-marketing on the 18th January 2011 to apply for the Maybankard 2 Cards. To read more about Maybankard 2 Cards American Express, Visa and MasterCard review including a comparison to OCBC Malaysia Titanium MasterCard, click below link.


Below is the chronological events for my Maybankard 2 Cards from Application to Receiving the Maybankard 2 Platinum American Express and Visa cards:

18th January 2011 - Called MBB telemarketing based at Bukit Jelutong to apply for the Maybankard 2 Cards.

24th January 2011 - I called up AMEX Customer Service Toll Free  at 1800-88-9559 to check on my Maybankard 2 Cards application and got a shocked that they processing it for Maybankard 2 Gold Cards instead of Maybankard 2 Platinum American Express and Visa cards. Maybe it is because I have the American Express Gold Credit Card. Immediately called the same person I spoke to for my Maybankard 2 Cards and requested that she change it to platinum.

Friday 28th January 2011 - called up to AMEX CS again to check status and was informed that the gold card application have been withdrawn based on my request.

Monday 31st January 2011 check with AMEX CS again and their system shows that my application back to Gold Card! I gave up and then started to think, hey why not leave the application as it is, i.e. for Maybankard 2 Gold Cards, and apply for another Maybankard 2 Platinum Cards.

Back in 2009, I had both the Maybank Petronas Visa Gold and MBB Petronas Visa Platinum. By having both the Maybankard 2 Gold and Platinum Cards, my entitlement for weekend cash back would be RM100 per month.

My dearest wifey also did apply for the Maybankard 2 Cards for herself at 1U, she has the Alliance Bank MasterCard Platinum but it is less than a year. So had to faxed to MBB her Borang BE and EPF to proof her annual income is more than the minimum required for the Platinum application. However, her application was rejected when I check sometime end of January 2011. So the more reason for me to get both the Maybankard 2 Gold and Platinum cards.

4th February around 2am - was damn free and bored since one of my regular kaki this year went overseas and therefore kind of missed my session. So downloaded the Maybankard 2 Cards application form and filled it up and faxed it to 03-2282 0373. Applied supplementary card for wife too.

5th February 2011 - got a call from Maybank staff on my application for the Platinum Maybankard 2 Cards, it was a Saturday so I was kind of surprised to received call from MBB staff from the same telephone number mentioned in the first paragraph of this post. Well, he told me they will be sending my Plat cards to me soon.

7th or 8th February 2011 - called AMEX CS again and was told my application for Gold Maybankard 2 was still in process. Ok loh, thought the Plat is being process separately.

10th February 2011 - called Maybank Customer Service Platinum Toll Free Line as AMEX Toll Free line was busy to check on my application. The girl told me that my application in the system shows they only started to process my application on the 8th February 2011 and it is for a Platinum and the Gold application withdrawn again based on my previous request. So much for me getting both the gold and plat cards.

14th February 2011 - called MBB Toll Free Platinum Line and CS told me my application for Platinum pending some documents. I was like huh? I got 4 cards with MBB (i.e. MBB Petronas Visa Platinum, MBB MasterCard Platinum, American Express Gold Credit Card and American Express Charged Card)  and they want further info? Told CS to get the processing officer to call me and tell me what documents he or she wants.

15th February 2011 - Public holiday so did not follow up.

16th February 2011 4pm - no one called my to ask for documents so I tried calling Maybank Platinum Customer Service at 1800881801 but it was engaged. So I called AMEX Toll Free line and started to blah blah blah with CS that no one called me, he said to hold and he'll go check and after checking, he told me that my Maybankard 2 Cards have been approved on 15th February 2011 for Gold Cards! I was like huh? So asked if I could apply for Platinum again and he said can.

16th February 2011 8pm - kind of hit me that whenever I call AMEX Toll Free CS, I will be informed that my application was for Gold Cards and on the other hand when checking with MBB Platinum Customer Service they'll tell me that my application was for Platinum Cards. So called MBB Platinum Toll Free and was informed that my Maybankard 2 Platinum cards have been approved on 15th February 2011 too!

So I was like blur as to which card was approved but hoping that both Maybankard 2 Gold and Platinum cards were approved.

Today 18th February 2011, post laju man delivered my Maybankard 2 Cards and it's a Platinum.

Well that's not the end of the story. Since I'm very free and must find work to keep myself occupied, I called AMEX Toll Free to check what is in their system and CS told me the system shows that I have been approved for Gold Cards and Platinum withdrawn. So I asked for the "Gold card" number and when she read it out it was the exact same number as the Maybankard 2 Platinum AMEX that I was holding in my hand. Told her I want the Gold card and to check if my wife supp card have been issued. She said will check with the processing/issuing department and get back to me. After 10 minutes or so, she called back and said that my Gold Cards application have been withdrawn and no supp card issued to my wife. Told her I want the Gold Cards too and she said got to pay GST, I said I know. So she said she will forward my request for Gold Cards to the relevant department.

After that called MBB representative that handled my wife application and told her to go appeal for my wife Maybankard 2 Platinum cards. You see, the last time it was processed based on my wife's Alliance Bank Platinum Credit Card which is only few months old and her AMEX Charged Card which is a supp card. Told the girl to reinstate the application based on my wife own standing as her income exceed the minimum annual income requirement. Had to refax the Borang BE and this time fax along the IRB invoice showing credit to my wife.

Will keep you guys updated what happened to my Maybankard 2 Gold cards.

Here's a photo of my Maybankard 2 Platinum Cards. My AMEX ends with No.8 so I am kind of glad and forgive MBB for taking so long to approve my Maybankard 2 cards, haha. Come to think of it, I apply on 18 Jan and received it on 18 Feb :) Those of you interested in No.8, do visit my other blog  http://ringgitwisefool.blogspot.com/ where I got 2 articles on the No.8.



There are others like me holding American Express Gold Credit Card together with MBB Platinum card  where we apply for the Maybankard 2 Platinum Cards via phone, and our application was process for Maybankard 2 Gold. So, the point of this post is, even if you are a current card holder of American Express Gold Credit Card, to apply for Maybankard 2 Cards, don't call the Maybank tele-marketing department instead go download the application form and fax to them. However if you receive a call offering you pre-approved Maybankard 2 Cards then it is ok. Click below link to download Maybankard 2 Cards Application Form.  
Click here to download Maybankard 2 Cards Application Form in pdf format.


Update - 3 March 2011

My wife got her Maybankard 2 Platinum Cards and it is more than 2 cards. Click below link to read the sequel of this post:

Click here to read My Wife' Application For Maybankard 2 Cards Platinum American Express and Visa 

Update - 5 March 2011

Click here to read my article titled Maybank2U for Maybank Credit Cards - You Don't Need a Savings or Current Account


Other related post that may be of interest: 

Click here to my other blog to read Currencies Rolex No.8 and Hokkien No.8 No.9

Click here to read Malaysia Credit Card Annual Income Requirement and Credit Limit.

Click here to read my review and comment on Maybankard 2 Cards.

Click here to read about American Express Gold Credit Card.

Click here to read about My Credit Cards and Debit Cards that I hold in 2010.

Click here to read about my new MPV where I took delivery on the same I got my Maybankd 2 Cards :)

Click here to read about MBB targets 500,000 new cardmembers with Maybankard 2 Cards 

Click here to read my article CreditCard No.8 Fool and to see my old credit cards more than 20 years ago and my credit cards as of March 2011.


14 comments:

  1. GX,

    you really very free...
    If I am u, I really give up already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The AMEX card is without "Platinum" printing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, mine came without the Platinum on it. Today a LYN forumer reported that his Maybankard 2 Amex has the Platinum printed. So I guess from now on, those getting their Plat cards from now on will have it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I see, no wonder when I saw the picture of AMEX card in their promotion flyer/banner having 2 versions, one is with Platinum printed one is not... seems like the designer can't make up the mind whether to put it or not? Anyway, is good to have it in the new batch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GX,

    Got to know about your blog from the lowyat forums which you frequent often. Just want to relate my experience with Maybank when I applied for the Maybankard 2 Card Platinum.

    I didn't encounter the probs you mentioned about them processing the wrong card in your case, all I did was call up and express interest. Within 4 working days of calling, the cards were already reflected in Maybank2U and 4 working days after that, I have received my cards, pretty efficient on their part, and yeah, my amex has the word platinum printed on it, I guess I got the later batch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. V2, yah many had no problems and some even didn't need to call or sent in application where they just click "I'm Interested" on the internet and the card was sent to them. But there were few (not many like 3 including me) where we wanted Platinum but was process for Gold, all 3 of us are holding the AMEX Gold CC. Thanks for reading my post here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi GX,

    Good to learn all cc stuff from your site. Wanna check with u how come my card validity only until 2012 compare to your 2016???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Derrick, I guess you got another credit card with Maybank too. I can't answer why my MBB Dua expire on 2016 but I just checked my other MBB cards and my Petronas which I got it in Oct or Nov 2010 valid till 2014 where as my MBB MC which I got it later last year in Dec expire on 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ya, i do currently have a MBB petronas card which i plan to cancel it. But does it matter?? Because it is kinda "crazy" they issued the cards to me which only valid for 9 months from now.. So will they automatically send me a new card by end of this year?

    btw, how is the 5% cash back works? For example, do i see a RM2.50 discount in my receipt on the spot when i pump RM50 petrol during weekend or it will accumulate the 5% and deducted in the monthly statement?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Derrick, I got no clue as how the expiry works as I mentioned earlier my MBB MC expire earlier than my MBB Petronas which O got earlier. Yah, they will sent you a new card.

    As for the 5% cash back, it will be totaled up in your monthly statement and shown as credit. You'll understand once you see your statement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just applied 2 cards (Platinum) today, hope it won't have the same issue like you. :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luckily i did submit my application thru MB branch.initially the staff hesitated to proceed with platinum request but after he saw my salary slips copy he agreed lol!
    a fews days after i did receive call from MB but they said they only offered the Gold so i said its OK bcoz i already applied for Platinum by myself.
    Now i got my 2 cards Platinum =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Chitika MapAd

Chitika Mobile