ANNOUNCEMENT

Please click below link to visit my Main Blog on Credit Cards and Everything Else.

GenX GenY GenZ Recent Posts

Please Share My Articles :)

Click on Images below to read Recent Articles by GenX GenY GenZ

NEW - Malaysia Best Credit Cards 2015

Facts You Need to Know About Balance Transfer

GenX GenY GenZ Proudly Present Melbourne Victoria Australia

Which Is The Best Credit Card For You?

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Unlimited Plaza Premium Lounge with your HLB ( EON ) Bank Visa Signature - April 2011

[Update  February 2012 - Please click here to my new blog to read my updated article on Hong Leong Bank Visa Signature] 



Today I received a SMS from 66000 stating that my EON Bank Visa Signature now has unlimited access to Plaza Premium Lounge - KLIA, LCCT, Senai & Singapore Changi :) But, I could not find anything about it at www.eonbank.com.my. So, as usual I "kiasu" so called up EON Bank Visa Signature Toll Free dedicated line at 1800882611 to confirm. Well, the Customer Service representative could not confirm it! The thing was, I was automatically transferred to a "ordinary" Customer Service personnel as the Visa Signature representative line was busy. So had to wait for the Visa Signature representative to call back. And he did call me back after 30 minutes and confirmed that EON Bank Visa Signature from now onwards until 31st December 2011 do enjoy free access to Plaza Premium Lounges mentioned above :)

Once again, here is a photo of my EON Bank Visa Signature:



I did post a brief article on the Eon Bank Visa Signature together with the Citibank Platinum Cash Back Visa last August 2010. Click here to read the article. At that time, EON Bank's Visa Signature was the best Visa Signature in Malaysia simply because there were no other Visa Signature. Subsequently, CIMB was the second issuer to issue the Visa Signature and HSBC launched theirs by replacing it with their Visa Platinum in April 2011.

I will once again do a mini review on the Eon Bank Visa Signature card today because with this unlimited access to KLIA Plaza Premium Lounge, it kind of reaffirms the EON Bank Visa Signature as the "best" Visa Signature credit card in Malaysia as far as I am concerned (since I don't play Golf). 

Here are the EON Bank Visa Signature Benefits and some of my comments [ update August 2011: please click here to check HLB website for latest card benefits/features ] : 

1. DOUBLE BONUS PLUS POINTS - when you spend abroad and 1.5X Bonus Plus Points when you spend locally.

2. CASH REBATE 1% - when you spend abroad! The cash rebate is additional to the 2X Bonus Points and is capped at RM500 subjected that you spent RM10,000 per annum.


3. COMPLIMENTARY PRIORITY PASS MEMBERSHIP - enjoy up to 3 times complimentary global lounge visit annually Principal card holder only.


4. YEAR END ACCOUNT SUMMARY - provide you with a year-end account statement that summarises all your EON Bank Visa Signature Credit Card’s total spending for the year. 


5. WILL WRITING SERVICES - Offers and services include will writing, will custody & executor and trustee services beckons you with no consultation fee. 
• Will writing fees at 20% off
• Premier lifetime custody that allows clients to enjoy 70% discount on their next rewrite

Note: The will writing services is provided by Rockwills. Cardholder can review the will and charges would be based on number of amendments only.                                                                  

6. TRAVEL PROTECTION BENEFITS

6.1 Frequent Flyer Rewards - Fly without paying. Take advantage of the frequent flyer rewards. Convert your Bonus Plus Points to Enrich Miles and redeem free flights, upgrades, shopping vouchers and much more. The Enrich Miles conversions are as follows:

• 3,500 Bonus Plus Points = 500 Enrich Miles OR

• 7,000 Bonus Plus Points = 1,000 Enrich Miles

6.2 Free Personal Protection Plan - Insures your personal belongings against theft or accidental damage within 30 days from the date of Purchase made with EON Bank Visa Signature.

6.3 Fraudulent Charges - reimburse you for unauthorised charges up to RM5,000 for any Occurrence up to RM20,000 for any one period of cover made on your lost or stolen credit card up to 12 hours prior to the first report of the incident. Cash Advances not covered. Take note of this!! 

6.4 ATM Robbery and Assault - reimburses you for loss of cash which you have withdraw or forced to withdraw from an ATM occuring within 15 minutes of withdrawal. But up to RM2,000 only per occurrence.

6.5 Lost Wallet - reimburse you for cost of replacing lost personal documents including cost of wallet in the event the wallet or purse is snatched or stolen. This is good, my Louis Vuitton Damier Graphite Wallet is covered :)

6.6 FREE Travel Accident and Inconvenience Coverage - up to RM2,000,000. Remember to charge your travel purchases to your EON Bank Visa Signature Credit Card and you will automatically be protected from any flight delays, luggage lost or missed connections which extends to your spouse and children below 23 years of age.  Note: The insurance coverage below is underwritten by Chartis Malaysia Insurance Berhad [formerly known as AIG General Insurance (Malaysia) Berhad).

Travel accident insurance: Accidental death and permanent disablement (common carrier) Up to RM2,000,000 for Principal and Spouse.

Personal accident insurance: Accidental death and permanent disablement (24 hours while oversea.) up to RM100,000 for Principal only.

Emergency travel overseas up to 60 days medical and accidental dental expenses up to RM85,000 for each Principal and Spouse and follow up medical treatment locally up to 30 days. This is one of the best card feature of the EON Bank Visa Signature.  It even covers DENTAL!  

Emergency medical evacuation up to RM15,000.00.

Delayed luggage after 6 hours up to RM8,000.00

Lost luggage up to RM12,000.00.

From the above, it can be said that the EON Bank Visa Signature insurance for overseas travels is one of the best offered with a credit card in Malaysia. And now with unlimited access to Plaza Premium Lounges at KLIA, LCCT, Senai and Changi Singapore, the EON Visa Signature is no doubt  one of the leading Premium Credit Cards in Malaysia. The annual income required  to be eligible for the EON Bank Visa Signature is stated as RM180,000.00 per year. It is even way better than my CIMB Direct Access World MasterCard and Visa Infinite which are so called Premium cards. And as for the Visa Signature by HSBC and CIMB where the annual income required are both RM100,000.00, they are just wannabes Premium card because they are no better than some other Platinums in the market.  

Since I got my Maybankard 2 Cards, I have been using charging most of my transactions to it as I earn 5X Treats Points. This kind of poses a problem for me, as we need to spend RM30,000 a year to get the EON Bank Visa Signature annual fee waived. But I do charge all my airline tickets to my EONBank Visa Signature to benefit from the Travel Insurance and Protection plan. 

Anyway, the unlimited access to Plaza Premium Lounge offer is valid until 31st December 2011 and if you were to bring a guest, you will be entitled to 25% discount.



[Update - As of August 2011, the EON Bank Visa Signature have been changed to HLB Visa Signature]


Click here to EON Bank Delightful Privileges on the unlimited access to Plaza Premium Airport Lounge with EON Bank Visa Signature. 

UPDATE 2012 - Click here to read my latest article titled Free Entry to KLIA and LCCT Plaza Premium Lounge with Credit Cards





If you do transact often overseas and fly business class with Thai Airways or Qatar Airways, check out my review on the Maybank Visa Infinite which earns you 5X Treats Points overseas. Click here to read my complete and full review of Maybank Visa Infinite Benefits. This card gives you 5 FREE access to airport lounges worldwide with the Priority Pass.  






OTHER RELATED POSTS



Click here to read my article titled HSBC Visa Signature - Gone Is The Platinum

Click here to read my article Malaysia Top 10 Credit Card - Ultimate Showdown 2011. Check out EON Bank Visa Signature ranking.

Click here to read my article Overseas Transaction What Credit Card Is The Best? The conversion rate with EON Bank Visa Signature is much higher than Maybank.

To read my article titled Citibank PremierMiles - It's A Visa Signature, Click her to read comparison between Citibank Platinum versus Citibank Premier Miles.

Click here to read my article - How I Benefited with My Credit Cards for My Macau Trip. I entered Macau Airport Lounge with the Priority Pass card issued with the HLB ( formerly EON Bank ) Visa Signature. In this article I also posted photos of the airport lounge in Macau and LCCT Plaza PRemium Lounge.

4 comments:

  1. @Gen-X,
    Speaking from personal industry knowledge, I don't think you will want to go to Rockwills, considering that a competent lawyer can do a better customised job at a lower or equivalent fee (even after the so called 20% discount from their inflated fees and hidden charges). The proof is in the pudding, where I see all kinds of irrelevant clauses presumably extracted from a master template.
    wshoh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph, thank you for your advise. No lah, I won't go with Rockwills anyway, just get my one of my lawyer friends when I want to do my will and ask him to charge me nominal sum, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize about the RM180k requirement. I just applied for it and somehow it was approved. I was delighted of course since I travel frequently. Definitely good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Daniel, I guess your CCRIS record must be excellent:) I didn't have to submit any documents to prove my income when I applied for it last year as EON Bank can always check our CCRIS records.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Chitika MapAd

Chitika Mobile